Monday, October 24, 2005

Comments on Katrina

It is o.k. to "say" God is sovereign. However, if you mean what you say, you'll likely find yourself branded as unloving, or outdated in your view of God. Most people give assent to the Sovereignty of God. However, their definition of "sovereignty" is something less than what scripture claims for God:

Isaiah 46:10 "I declare the end from the beginning,and from long ago what is not yet done,saying: My plan will take place,and I will do all My will."

Eph 1:11 "In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,"

We are happy to attribute the "blessings" of life to the Sovereignty of God, however, calamities are off limits. The link below will take you to one of the greatest sermons I have ever heard. It was preached by DR. Steve Lawson (my pastor) at Christ Fellowship Baptist Church (http://cfbcmobile.org).

http://www.christfellowshipbaptist.org/sermons/20050904_am_lawson.mp3

Also, you'll find this comment by a noted Bible teacher most encouraging. In my mind I can imagine what this must have been like. I would have loved to have been there.

"I mentioned my visit to Antioch Baptist Church last Sunday night. A local minister, Pastor L. A. Williams gave a message on this one verse: "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord" (Gen. 6:8).
The minister helped us see all the things Noah could not find because of the flood. He could not find his neighborhood. He could not find his house. He could not find the comforts of home or the people down the street--there was much he could not find. But what he could find made all the difference. Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
Noah found grace in the eyes of God. If you have everything and no grace, you have nothing. If you have nothing but grace, you have everything."

In His grace,

Tom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home